Donate - Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento
The ReStore is always looking for donations of new and gently used materials to add to our inventory and help fuel our mission of building homes for low-income families. To find out more, contact (916) 440-1215 ext. 1118 or ReStore@HabitatGreaterSac.org
Donation Hours: Tuesday-Friday from 9am-4:30pm & Saturday from 10am-4:30pm.
ReStore Location: 819 North 10th Street Sacramento, CA 95811
Donations are accepted at the ReStore receiving dock located on Vine Street adjacent to the ReStore. At this time the ReStore is unable to pick-up residential donations.
Are you a business looking to make a donation? Please contact our Gifts In-Kind Officer Melissa Leal at MLeal@HabitatGreaterSac.org or (916) 440-1215 ext. 1107
Acceptable Donations Include
- Mirrors (*FRAMED Mirrors only!)
- Interior and Exterior Doors
- Carpet (*NEW Carpet only!)
- Screws & Nails (*Must be sorted by type!)
- Vinyl Dual Pane Windows
- Hardwood Flooring
- Vinyl/ Linoleum Flooring
- Home Décor (picture frames, vases and other decorative accents.)
- Camping Equipment and Sporting Goods
- Lawn Care and Gardening Supplies
- Plumbing Hardware (*only plumbing hardware not used for drinking water!)
- Electrical Components
- Cabinetry: all doors/drawers in tact
- Lighting: Please remove light bulbs and package separately, no 1970s/80s glass fixtures
- Dishwashers (*NEW dishwashers only!)
- Water Heaters (*NEW Water Heaters only!)
- Lumber: clean, straight, without nails, and over 4′-0″ long
- Insulation (R-13 and up)
- Miscellaneous Household Items: sofas, chairs, dressers, tables, patio furniture, books, dishes, blinds, etc.
- Appliances: Clean, a maximum of 5-7 years old, although we will make exceptions for vintage/antique items in good condition
Unacceptable Donations Include
Please be aware, we have the ability to refuse any donation at our discretion. We ask that all ReStore donors use their best judgment when bringing items to the ReStore for resale as we are a resale retail outlet, not a recycling center.
If the ReStore cannot accept your donation please click here for resources that may be able to receive your donation.
The following items are examples of items that are not accepted at any time:
- No faucets or plumbing supplies used for drinking water (except that those are led-free, we accept those!)
- No ballast lighting
- Cubicles or large office desks
- Furniture with rips, stains, tears, or frays
- Used carpet
- No chemicals or paint (no new or used paint)
- Appliances more than 7 years old
- Computers, copiers, printers, TVs made before 2005, or E-Waste
- Aluminum Windows
- No rusted items
- Lumber under 3′-0″ long
- Damaged electrical components
- Cracked or chipped windows/light fixtures/mirrors
- Expired or opened materials (concrete, grout, etc).
- Commercial doors
- Flooring made or imported from China
*Please Note: As of January 1st, 2014 the ReStore can no longer accept kitchen faucets, bathroom sink faucets, water heaters, dishwashers, or any plumbed in appliances (i.e. coffee makers), pipe fittings or fixtures that may provide water for human consumption (unless accompanied with a written letter by the manufacturer with the model number included stating compliance of section 1417 of the Safe Drinking Water Act “SDWA”).