Birthday Build - Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento
Celebrate your next birthday by giving back in a substantial way! Host a Birthday Build!
What is a “Birthday Build”?
- Provide the funds needed to build affordable homes in Sacramento County
- Offer a valuable volunteer experience to your friends, family, and/or co-workers
- Give your team an opportunity to experience the thrill of seeing the immediate results of their labor
- Present the opportunity to work alongside and empower our future homeowners
- The donation is fully tax deductible. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is an official 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (Tax ID: 68-0085804)
How to Schedule a Birthday Build
10 or more participants, $100/participant:
- A day of building on a Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento Jobsite
- A Designated Site Leader to instruct you
- Habitat Build T-Shirts for all participants
- Lunch provided for all participants by a member of our staff
- Birthday treats for your team
- A photo of your group on site
- Your Birthday Build featured and highlighted on our Facebook
- Priority event scheduling
Birthday Build opportunities take place Wednesday through Saturdays throughout the year and are scheduled on a first-come basis. Scheduling is subject to date availability, though Birthday Build and Team Build participants do receive priority scheduling.
The workday is from 7:30am-3:30pm and volunteers are requested to make a full-day commitment. We may be able to accomodate larger groups, depending on the stage of construction. Teams may recruit additional volunteers for an additional requested donation of $100 per volunteer.
No previous construction skills are expected. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento will provide skilled construction staff to train and supervise. All tools, safety equipment, and building materials needed for the day will be provided.
To receive more information or schedule a Birthday Build to commemorate your next Birthday, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 440-1215 ext. 1112