Habitat Young Professionals (HYP) - Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento
The HYP (Habitat Young Professionals) of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is here to build the next generation of supporters and leaders who value the importance of affordable homeownership in the Greater Sacramento area.
HYP is made up of socially conscious young professionals from a variety of corporations and organizations who believe that the Greater Sacramento area should be a place where working families with low income can thrive as successful homeowners.
HYP raises money, promotes volunteerism and creates awareness for the work of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento. As a diverse network of young professionals ages 21-40, we offer a combination of social and professional events, community outreach and volunteer activities.
As a member of Habitat Young Professionals, you will receive invitations to our members’ only events and builds, discounted admission at HYP events, exclusive HYP Member only rates to Habitat events like Women Build and Rock the Block, and the opportunity to take on a leadership role should you so desire.
Please note all in-person events are temporarily paused due to COVID-19 health and safety restrictions. Events listed below are tentatively scheduled as virtual until further notice and may resume as in-person events as state health guidelines allow.
- January 27th – Habitat Virtual 27th Annual Hammy Awards
- February 27th – Virtual Volunteer Event – Spring Cleaning Donation Drive with the Habitat ReStore
- March 24th – Home Buying 101 Webinar sponsored by HomeLight
- April 21st – Plant & Sip Networking Event at The Prickly Pear
- May 15th – Volunteer Event on the Habitat Construction Site (Members Only)
- June – Home Buying 102 Webinar
- July – Networking Event
- August – Financial Health 101 Webinar
- September – Networking Event
- October – Financial Health 102 Webinar
- November – Volunteer Event
- December – Holiday Networking Event
2021 HYP Leadership Council
HYP President – Erin Wood
Vice President and Communications Coordinator – Antonio Cardenas
Membership and Fundraising Coordinator – Chloe Park
Events and Volunteer Coordinator – Logan Hall