Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick
Join us October 7-8th, 2022 for our
1st Annual Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick!
This year’s Focus Neighborhood
Rock the Block revitalizes historically underserved communities and neighborhoods in our region by providing critical home repairs for hard-working homeowners and partnering with other nonprofits and residents in completing community projects. Each year we work in a Focus Neighborhood within a larger underinvested community or part of town. We continue to expand our service area each successive year to include more residents, community partners, and neighborhood beautification projects, until the entire community has been Rocked!
Habitat for Humanity is proud to partner with the residents of Bryte and Broderick, other community organizations, and the City of West Sacramento in completing home repairs, community projects, and hosting a community clean-up in this beautiful and historic area of West Sacramento during this annual two-day event!
- Do you live in a home in the above Focus Area in Bryte/Broderick?
- Do you own your home?
- Do you live on a low or fixed income?
- Do you need help with dry rot or painting the exterior of your home?
- Are you interested in lowering your monthly water bills by installing a beautiful, drought tolerant yard?
- Do you need help with general household maintenance like cleaning your gutters, cutting back limbs before winter, and landscaping?
- Are you and your neighbor trying to figure out how to afford a new good-neighbor fence?
- Are you in need of critical home repairs such as a new roof, HVAC unit, water heater, or other energy efficiency upgrades?
- Are you excited to meet more of your neighbors and participate in making investments in your community?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, click here to fill out the digital PDF and send it to Repair@HabitatGreaterSac.org or click here to print the application!
Do you have suggestions for community investments or partnerships for this year’s Rock the Block? We want to hear from you! Please fill out our Community Partner/Investment Suggestion form by following this link. Some examples of community investments could be:
- Empty lots where trash is being dumped
- Areas of overgrown vegetation
- Community organizations that need support
If you have other questions about Rock the Block, please reach out to Darnell Dumas, Community Partnership Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Kathy Severson at KSeverson@HabitatGreaterSac.org to find out about sponsorship opportunities for this year’s Rock the Block!
Interested in volunteering with your friends, family, neighbors, or colleagues? Contact Brianna Lowrie at BLowrie@HabitatGreaterSac.org. Individual community volunteer opportunities will open in September.
Interested in seeing what Rock the Block is all about?
Check out our recap video from our most recent Rock the Block in Oak Park:
Thank you to our Inaugural Rock the Block
Bryte/Broderick 2022 sponsors!