Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick
Join us October 13-14th, 2023 for our
2nd Annual Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick 2022 on October 7-8th.
In total, we hosted over 400 volunteers and residents who completed 11 home repairs, 10 community investment projects, and a community cleanup. In 36 hours, we were able to leverage over 3,000 volunteer hours and $141,000 of investments into the neighborhoods of Bryte and Broderick.
Be sure to check out the recap video of Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick 2022 below!
Click here to see our Facebook album of photos from Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick 2022
Check out our news coverage from Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick 2022 on CBS 13 and ABC 10.
About Rock the Block Bryte Broderick Impact:
Check out this impact map and facts from last year’s inaugural Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick!
- 11 home repairs (2 Critical and 9 Brush with Kindness)
- Community Investment Projects in partnership with:
- Holy Cross Church
- Lighthouse Charter School
- Shores of Hope
- West Sacramento Parks and Rec. and NCCT
- RedCross Fire Safety & Preparedness Team
- Sacramento Area Conservation Corps
- West Sacramento PD and Project Homekey
- Americorps NCCC
- Three Sisters Gardens
Apply for Rock the Block Bryte/Broderick 2023:
- Do you live in a home in the above Focus Area in Bryte/Broderick?
- Do you own your home?
- Do you live on a low or fixed income?
- Do you need help with dry rot or painting the exterior of your home?
- Are you interested in lowering your monthly water bills by installing a beautiful, drought tolerant yard?
- Do you need help with general household maintenance like cleaning your gutters, cutting back limbs before winter, and landscaping?
- Are you and your neighbor trying to figure out how to afford a new good-neighbor fence?
- Are you in need of critical home repairs such as a new roof, HVAC unit, water heater, or other energy efficiency upgrades?
- Are you excited to meet more of your neighbors and participate in making investments in your community?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, email Repair@HabitatGreaterSac.org to be added to our inquiry list.
Do you have suggestions for community investments or partnerships for this year’s Rock the Block? We want to hear from you! Please fill out our Community Partner/Investment Suggestion form by following this link. Some examples of community investments could be:
- Empty lots where trash is being dumped
- Areas of overgrown vegetation
- Community organizations that need support
If you have other questions about Rock the Block, please reach out to Darnell Dumas, Community Partnership Manager, at email@example.com.
Contact Kathy Severson at KSeverson@HabitatGreaterSac.org to find out about sponsorship opportunities for this year’s Rock the Block!
Interested in volunteering with your friends, family, neighbors, or colleagues? Contact Brianna Lowrie at BLowrie@HabitatGreaterSac.org. Individual community volunteer opportunities will open in September.
Thank you to our Inaugural Rock the Block
Bryte/Broderick 2022 sponsors!