Employment Opportunities - Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento
The volunteers, donors and homeowners who join with us at Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento share a belief: hard work and success go hand in hand. Every day, we do what Habitat does best around the globe. But we do it right here in Sacramento, by coming up with inventive solutions to our area’s growing housing challenges. Because when we invest in our neighbor’s quest to become a homeowner, it benefits the whole community.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is committed to the concept and practice of equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotional decisions. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento seeks to employ and advance the best qualified applicant or employee without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age marital status, status as a veteran, or sexual orientation.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is an equal employment opportunity employer. Low and very-low income individuals are encouraged to apply.
Current Employment Opportunities
We do not currently have any staff positions that we are hiring for.
Current AmeriCorps Opportunities
We are currently hiring a Volunteer Coordinator and a Construction Crew Leader for our 2018/2019 AmeriCorps team! The 2018/2019 AmeriCorps term will begin in August of 2018.
What we’re looking for:
Successful Greater Sacramento Habitat team members share the following characteristics:
- A “go above and beyond” attitude.
- You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity.
- You do what you say you will do.
- You are a creative problem solver that works across teams.
- You love results and hate excuses.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- AmeriCorps members will need to transport themselves to the jobsites either by car, car pool or public transportation
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience desirable
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
- Ability to complete the reporting and timesheet requirements of the AmeriCorps program in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
- Basic construction knowledge is preferred
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of up to 100 people
- Work well independently and self-motivated
- Have a valid drivers’ license and be able to meet applicable insurance requirements, and experience driving large pick-up trucks a plus
- Customer service experience is a plus
Volunteer Services Coordinator – begins August 2018 (10 month term)
The Volunteer Services Coordinator AmeriCorps will gain experience and help in a variety of departments and areas including scheduling and managing over 2,000 volunteers to help on Habitat builds and in the office and ReStore, assisting in coordinating build day events with corporate team builds and sponsors, coordinating posts for the affiliate and ReStore’s social media pages, public speaking, and managing the affiliate volunteer database. Position requires intermediate computer skills, as well as excellent verbal, in-person, and written communication skills. Database experience is desired, but not required.
Construction Crew Leader – begins August or September 2018 (10 month term)
With the assistance of the AmeriCorps members serving in this role, we anticipate completing 4 new builds and 5-8 Home Repair projects, with a projected total of 12 families served. We also anticipate at least 1 community event to occur which will utilize members to spread the word about our HR program and encourage community members to get involved as volunteers on our worksites or to apply to be family partners. In addition, a secondary goal of this position is for the AmeriCorps member to identify, train and support some of the Regular Volunteers to serve as additional Crew Leaders for volunteers at our new build sites and home repair projects. We view the construction crew leaders as integral to our goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area.
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of the Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento team, please visit http://www.habitat.org/americorps. Scroll to the middle of the page and enter “Sacramento” as the City and “California” as the State. Click on the Search button. Review the position that you are interested in. Hit the “Apply now” button at the bottom of the screen.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is an equal opportunity employer.