Employment Opportunities - Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento
We are a fun and hardworking group. Every day is different and we have a close-knit, flexible team that supports each other enthusiastically and without hesitation.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful Habitat team members share the following characteristics:
- A “go above and beyond” attitude.
- You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity.
- You do what you say you will do.
- You are a creative problem solver that works across teams.
- You love results and hate excuses.
Current Staff Opportunities
Current AmeriCorps Opportunities
AmeriCorps VISTA ReStore Development:
The ReStore development VISTA will develop, document, and implement plans to increase volunteer, in-kind, and cash resources in the Habitat Greater Sacramento Restore by creating and/or enhancing volunteer programs, marketing plans, business systems, and donation opportunities.
The goals of this position are many:
MARKETING AND OUTREACH: Develop, implement, and create documentation around sustainable marketing and outreach strategies to contribute to an increase in unrestricted revenue from increased numbers of store purchases and donations. An increase in unrestricted revenue will enable the affiliate to serve more families and communities. These outreach and marketing strategies will include, but are not excluded to, the creation of a currently non-existent Residential Pick-Up program, as well as supporting the creation of a documented and strategic marketing and outreach strategy.
DATA: Create, implement, and document ReStore procedures and policies including ReStore sales and donations data entry procedures and reports (including implementing and migrating the newly acquired POS system and procedures for data entry and reporting), donation procedures and recognition. Acquire data and execute feasibility study regarding opening up a second ReStore or drop-off location.
RESTORE TALENT ACQUISITION: Create, implement, and document plan, best practices, procedures and documentation for ReStore volunteer and retention, mission-based onboarding and training, skills building, and cultivating employment and volunteer partners and portals. This will include the creation of a sustainable “ReStore Crew Leader Program”. Increased ReStore volunteer support in terms of creating leadership volunteers, as well as generating large teams to assist ReStore staff will drive up sales and generate more relationships within the corporate community
To view full job description click here.
What is AmeriCorps?
A domestic version of the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps is a federal program that places thousands of people into intensive service positions where they learn valuable skills, earn money for education, and develop a strong sense of civic responsibility. Every year, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento hires a number of AmeriCorps members in various positions, all of whom help further our mission of building safe, decent, affordable housing for hardworking families.
Some of our AmeriCorps members work on our construction sites; others work behind the scenes in our offices. Many of our past AmeriCorps members have gone on to join our staff. Opportunities are available year-round, but most positions are posted in the spring and fall.
In addition to helping strengthen communities and families, your AmeriCorps service: Raises your awareness of the social issues that face your community; gives you an opportunity to learn new skills and develop confidence; helps you gain hands-on project management experience; increases your knowledge of service and engagement and improves your performance at a future job.
How Long do I Serve?
- AmeriCorps National
A complete term of service lasts 46.5 weeks or approximately 10.5 months in which you pledge to compete 1,700 service hours.
- AmeriCorps VISTA
A complete term of service lasts one year, where you typically serve about 40 hours each week.
What are the benefits?
- A living allowance minimum of $13,992.
- The Segal Education Award of $5,920.
- The education award is good for seven years from the end of service and can be used to repay your qualified student loans or for your future education at eligible schools. National members age 55 and older at the start of service may be eligible to transfer the award to certain family members.
- Note: there is a lifetime maximum of two Segal Education Awards.
- Possible forbearance of your qualified student loan, including accrued interest payments after the successful completion of your service.
- Health benefits– All incoming AmeriCorps members are automatically enrolled in the AmeriCorps Healthcare Benefits Plan at no cost. It covers most non-routine medical services, limited preventative care visits (such as an annual ob-gyn visit for women), medical emergencies, surgical, and hospitalization expenses, and certain prescription drug costs. It is not insurance, but rather a basic health benefit package, and will not satisfy the individual responsibility requirement of the ACA.
- Childcare benefits, if you qualify.
- Inclusion in a Member Assistance Program that offers counseling and financial planning resources.
- Worker’s compensation.
To Apply for AmeriCorps:
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of the Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento team, please visit http://www.habitat.org/americorps. Scroll to the middle of the page and enter “Sacramento” as the City and “California” as the State. Click on the Search button. Review the position that you are interested in. Hit the “Apply now” button at the bottom of the screen.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is committed to the concept and practice of equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotional decisions. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento seeks to employ and advance the best qualified applicant or employee without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age marital status, status as a veteran, or sexual orientation.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is an equal employment opportunity employer. Low and very-low income individuals are encouraged to apply.