Women Build 2022 FAQ Page -
Women Build FAQ’s:
Important Upcoming Deadlines
- 2/28 – t-shirts can be picked up early for build days at the Habitat offices (noon-5:30pm at 819 North 10th Street Sacramento, CA 95811). T-shirts will also be available on the jobsite the day of your build.
- 3/1 – fundraising deadline for registrations and Women Build month begins!
- 3/31 – final day of Women Build 2022
- What is happening on February 28th? Out of an abundance of caution and safety, this year we will be forgoing our previously planned traditional indoor kick-off mixer and focusing exclusively on the outdoor build events themselves on the jobsite. For participants who would like to pick up their t-shirt before their build day, we will be hosting a t-shirt pick-up opportunity on February 28th at Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento (819 North 10th Street Sacramento, CA 95811) from noon to 5:30 pm.
- I can’t make the t-shirt pick-up opportunity on February 28th, how can I get my t-shirt? T-shirts will also be available on the jobsite that day of your build. For teams who would like to arrange to have their team’s shirts dropped off or would like to schedule an alternative time after February 28th to pick up the team’s t-shirts, please contact Brianna Lowrie at BLowrie@HabitatGreaterSac.org.
- What is the minimum age to participate in Women Build? Participants can be as young as 16 or 17 when accompanied by a parent or adult chaperone.
- Will I get to meet the families whose homes we are building/repairing? All Habitat homeowner partners put in 500 hours of sweat equity building their homes and the homes of their neighbors alongside volunteers. When you are participating in Women Build, you will most likely have the chance to meet and work alongside one or more of our homeowner partners whose lives you are helping forever change.
Fundraising Questions (for crowdfunding participants only)
- How do I raise $250 by March 1st? We encourage you to check out our Participant Fundraising Resources Guide for tips and best practices on raising $250 or more to participate in this year’s Women Build.
- What happens if I raise more than $250? We have a variety of fun and useful fundraising incentives for participants who go above and beyond their $250 fundraising minimum. Be sure to check out our 2022 Women Build Fundraising Incentives here!
- How can I personalize my individual fundraising page or team fundraising page? You can personalize your fundraising page by logging in and clicking “manage” on the top right corner. For more ideas on personalizing your page and how to log-in to your page, please see page 2 of our Participant Fundraising Resources Guide. If you need additional support with personalizing your page, please reach out to Ryan Large at RLarge@HabitatGreaterSac.org.
Fundraising Questions (for sponsors and those participating on a sponsor team)
- My company/organization paid for my registration as part of a sponsorship, but I still would like to fundraise. Is that possible? Yes! Please email Laine Himmelmann at LHimmelmann@HabitatGreaterSac.org for instructions on how to set-up a fundraising page.
Preparing for your build day
- What time do I need to arrive? For all build days except the Women Leaders Build on 3/31, please arrive on your designated jobsite between 7:30-8:00am. We will start the build day promptly at 8am.
- When does the build day end? For all build days except the Women Leaders Build on 3/31, the build day will end at 2pm.
- When is lunch? Lunch will be provided by Habitat and will begin at 11:30am.
- What should I wear? Please wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and closed-toed shoes such as tennis shoes or construction work boots.
- What do I need to bring? We ask that you please bring gloves and dress appropriately for the construction site. We will provide lunch, as well as all the tools and safety equipment needed for the activities of your build day. We encourage participants to bring a filled reusable water bottle, sunscreen, and layers for all weather possibilities.
- Where is Women Build 2022? This year’s Women Build will be taking place on 3 different projects throughout the month of March. When you complete the second part of your registration on VolunteerHub (where you will sign the digital liability waiver and input your t-shirt size and dietary information for lunch) the address for your specific build day project will be provided.
- I have dietary restrictions, who do I talk to? When you complete the second part of your registration on VolunteerHub, please enter any dietary requirements our team should be aware of for lunch.
- Do I need construction experience? No you do not need any experience to participate.
- Can I take photos or share on social media when I am participating in Women Build? Absolutely! Please be sure to use the hashtags #WomenBuildSac and #WomenBuild (the global Women Build hashtag) and tag us @sachabitat! We’ll be taking photos too and posting them on our Facebook daily during the entire month of March!
Have questions we didn’t answer?
Please contact Brianna Lowrie at BLowrie@HabitatGreaterSac.org or Laine Himmelmann at (916) 440-1215 x1108 or LHimmelmann@HabitatGreaterSac.org
Thank you to our 2022 Women Build Sponsors!